2/13/2010

G/F & D/F Day 14: The Final Stretch.

Here's the part where I yell "I made it!" as a I cross the gluten-free vegan finish line. But now what; do I inhale loaves of bread slathered with cheese, just to see how I feel in comparison? Regardless of what I cook at home, I was cutting my two weeks slightly short by attending a friend's Anti-Valentine's Day potluck later tonight, where white flour, sugar and alcohol will be aplenty. I will still make something gluten-free for my potluck behalf, but indulge in whatever everyone else has to share.

Back at the grind, vitamin C-rich raw red peppers:

(Below, my lunch medley: quinoa, roasted potatoes, black beans, lettuce, tomatoes, mangoes, avocado, salsa).

Potluck dessert pre-prep: Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter Balls - made gluten-free by grinding Ancient Grain cereal for the oat flour, and made vegan by swapping out the honey for agave nectar.

Melted chocolate...ready, set, dip! The result was earthy, crunchy, and delicious. I recommend keeping them cold in the fridge though for a better bite.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved those PB balls :)